Here’s the short talk I gave about languages written from right-to-left at WordCamp Europe 2017. I’m visibly nervous — this was the largest crowd I’ve ever presented to.
While the slides make it clear that I go from talking about
rtl.css — the file, used in WordPress themes, to RTLCSS — the node module, I realize that it’s somewhat hard to understand when watching the video. Sorry about that!
- WP Core Grunt implementation of RTLCSS
- WP Codex page on RTL
Some relevant academic research on the effects of reading direction:
- Influence of reading habits on line bisection – PDF
- Reading habits influence aesthetic preference – PDF
- Scanning direction and line bisection: a study of normal subjects and unilateral neglect patients with opposite reading habits – PDF
- Native reading direction influences lateral biases in the perception of shape from shading – HTML
Leave a Reply